Good lighting plays an important role in safeguarding health at work by enabling employees to perform their work comfortably and efficiently. Poor lighting can also be a safety hazard - misjudgement of the position, shape or speed of an object can lead to accidents and injury.
In simple terms, a lighting assessment is a careful examination of a specific task(s) and the lighting condition in general areas of the work environment. It serves to:
- Identify the potential hazards arising from the work activity under the current lighting conditions.
- Help to determine who may be harmed.
- Evaluate the risks and decide whether improvement measures are needed to protect the employees, including but not limited to the lighting provision.
SASM measures illuminance - displayed in lux (lx) - with a Sper Scientific Ltd. Light Meter 840006.
The testing is followed up with a detailed assessment report which includes:
- Description of the testing strategy
- Results of testing
- Observations and recommendations
- Digital copy of the report
Meeting and exceeding customer expectations
Performance you can trust
Inspired, tailored solutions
Interested in Our Services? Contact Us
Advising and Consulting
SASM’s consultants employ a results-based approach to health and safety that is focused on building self-reliance and enabling your organization to implement, manage and continually improve your health and safety programs.
Inspections, Safety Audits and Evaluations
SASM’s staff will perform a gap analysis, audit, site inspections and evaluations based on your company’s needs and the desired standard that you wish to achieve or maintain.
Occupational Hygiene and Fit Testing
SASM offers a range of services to meet Occupational Health and Safety legislation including respiratory and hearing protection fit testing, and a variety of other occupational hygiene services.
Respiratory Protection Fit Testing
Hearing Protection Fit Testing